The most basic and powerful way to connect to another person is to listen. Just listen. Perhaps the most important thing we ever give each other is our attention.
As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.
Omfg "talk about" is a lot cuter than ask me
|1:||Talk about the first time you watched your favorite movie.|
|2:||Talk about your first kiss.|
|3:||Talk about the person you've had the most intense romantic feelings for.|
|4:||Talk about the thing you regret most so far.|
|5:||Talk about the best birthday you've had.|
|6:||Talk about the worst birthday you've had.|
|7:||Talk about your biggest insecurity.|
|8:||Talk about the thing you are most proud of.|
|9:||Talk about little things on your body that you like the most.|
|10:||Talk about the biggest fight you've ever had.|
|11:||Talk about the best dream you've ever had.|
|12:||Talk about the worst dream you've ever had.|
|13:||Talk about the first time you had sex/how you imagine your first time.|
|14:||Talk about a vacation.|
|15:||Talk about the time you were most content in life.|
|16:||Talk about the best party you've ever been to.|
|17:||Talk about someone you want to be friends with.|
|18:||Talk about something that happened in elementary school.|
|19:||Talk about something that happened in middle school.|
|20:||Talk about something that happened in high school.|
|21:||Talk about a time you had to turn someone down.|
|22:||Talk about your worst fear.|
|23:||Talk about a time someone turned you down.|
|24:||Talk about something someone told you that meant a lot.|
|25:||Talk about an ex-best friend.|
|26:||Talk about things you do when you're sick.|
|27:||Talk about your favorite part of someone else's body.|
|28:||Talk about your fetishes.|
|29:||Talk about what turns you on.|
|30:||Talk about what turns you off.|
|31:||Talk about what you think death is like.|
|32:||Talk about a place you remember from your childhood.|
|33:||Talk about what you do when you are sad.|
|34:||Talk about the worst physical pain you've endured.|
|35:||Talk about things you wish you could stop doing.|
|36:||Talk about your guilty pleasures.|
|37:||Talk about someone you thought you were in love with.|
|38:||Talk about songs that remind you of certain people.|
|39:||Talk about things you wish you'd known earlier.|
|40:||Talk about the end of something in your life.|
1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.